Introduction to Computerised Time and Attendance Systems
In essence, these systems comprise of one or more special Clocking Terminals plus software containing a number of modules packed with data checking, recording and reporting features.
Employees can register attendance at a terminal using a swipe card, proximity device (card or fob) or a biometric method such as a handscan or a fingerprint.
The main advantage is, once the attendance data is captured by the terminal, the software can be used to provide a wide range of information and to export hours data into your payroll package.
Benefits of a T&A system
You can get a lot from a modern Time & Attendance system.
- Monitor absences including Bradford Factor reporting
- Manage holiday balances and availability
- Crack down on lateness
- Prevent overpayment of overtime
- Save admin time running your payroll by using electronic export
- Easily set up Rotas to ensure you have the correct staffing levels
- Manage and report on personnel issues effectively
- Manage certification easily
Other things to consider
Most organisations have some sort of network for their computers, printers and other peripheral devices. Computerised Time & Attendance systems are usually connected to this network.
If you don't have a network then we can connect a clocking terminal directly to your computer.
There are usually a number of other aspects you need to consider.
To make sure you get the right system, please get in touch now.
...or just call: 01761 410015.